Welcome. This website is an electronic resume for Jeanne Russell but more importantly, it is an opportunity for you to get the help and expertise you need without having to hire another full time employee.
What do you need? I will help you create:
- A Press Release and distribute it to appropriate media outlets
- A strategy to attract new customers and keep the ones you have
- A great website that you can update easily
Want to publish you book on Amazon? I can help.
Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Jeanne Ellen Russell
PO Box 19 (110 N. Main Street), Edinburg, VA 22824
FREELANCE CREATIVE SERVICES
Creative Advisor, DEC 2002 – Present
I run a creative services business offering writing, design, web building, author services, book marketing, and other creative services for clients. Some long-term projects include:
- Shenandoah Community Foundation, P.O. Box 31,
Woodstock, VA 22664
Program Coordinator, January 2012 - Present
- Coordinate grant and scholarship programs for this 501(c)3 corporation.
- Work to increase community awareness and understanding of the foundation and develop new funds.
- Greatland Publishing, 501 S. Royal Avenue, Front Royal, Virginia 22630
Multiple Roles, JUN 2005-JUL 2009
- Writer/producer; Valley of the Stars Radio Show which aired on The River 95.3 FM. I found and booked guests, wrote scripts, pre-interviewed guests, directed recording sessions and worked with sound engineer to edit final show, and occasionally acted as guest on special shows. The last year we recorded at National Media Center in Front Royal. A sample show can be found at: http://www.bradhaynesvalleyofthestars.com/html/february_8_2009.html
- Executive Editor; Oversaw publishing activities. Under my direction, we streamlined the publishing process to save thousands of dollars in costs for the company
- Created and ran promotional campaigns, wrote ads for radio and print, supervised small staff, and performed other functions including publicist, webmaster, designer, TV and movie script writer and more
- Just Say It! Radio Show, WSVG, Mt Jackson, VA
Co-host/producer, SEP 2006-APR 2009
- Co-hosted and produced a weekly current events radio show on WSVG in Mt Jackson.
- Acted as sound engineer (and sound editor for off-site shows)
STRATEGIC INSIGHT, 241 18th Street S., Suite 511, Arlington VA 22202
Publications Associate , OCT 2000-DEC 2002
Client – Test and Evaluation Deputate, Missile Defense Agency (TE MDA)
- Created meeting presentations, designed conference displays, posters, certificates, and other art work. (Worked with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project, and Excel, Adobe PhotoShop, PageMaker, and Acrobat, Corel Draw, and other graphics software daily.)
- Member of the TE Integrated Master Schedule Team which gathered information from testing facilities and maintained an integrated test planning schedule for the world-wide missile testing community. During my tenure we created a vehicle to identify and report on potential conflicts in planned asset use for testing facilities.
- Designed and updated the display of the TE “storyline” on the Planning Center’s walls. Briefed visitors on the TE “Storyline” and the Integrated Master Test Schedule.
- Initiated the Test and Evaluation Brown Bag Lunch Series in the Planning Center. Solicited speakers, advertised events, and assisted in presentations.
APPLIED RESOURCES, INC., 1700 N. Moore Street • Suite 1500, Rosslyn VA • 2 2209
Graphic Designer, 1998 – 2000
- Worked with clients to define their requirements for displaying information on military programs
- Designed web pages, posters, brochures, CD covers, logos, animated slide presentations, and other artwork
- Made video movies which included script development, editing acquired footage, and incorporating custom artwork
US TOTAL ARMY PERSONNEL COMMAND, 200 Stovall Street, Alexandria, Va
Military Personnel Technician, 1990 – 1997
- Prepared articles for and coordinated all division submissions to the Command's home page
- Interacted with installations all over the world on a daily basis advising them on separation laws, policies and procedures. Prepared large mailings notifying officers who were twice non-selected for promotion of their mandatory separation dates and separation options. Monitored and notified officers who were approaching their mandatory retirement dates of retirement procedures
- Researched and prepared answers for the commanding general to inquiries from the White House and members of Congress. Created and prepared slide shows/ briefings on separation processes
- Planned and organized branch and division events and an off-site conference for 90 individuals
- Created and taught classes in Total Quality Management and officer separation procedures to Army and Air Force officers and division employees
- Facilitated a 6-month process action team mandated by the commanding general to streamline and improve processes for the Officer Personnel Management Division
- Maintained SECRET Security clearance from 1990 - 2003
PRIOR EMPLOYMENT (1985 – 1989) - Paralegal/receptionist at a national law firm, market researcher for Opinion Centers, sandwich board model, tourmobile guide, waitress.
Army School of Engineering 1996 - Facilitator training course. 40 hrs; Total Quality Management course for trainers. 80 hrs.
Longwood College, Farmville, VA, 1981-1985 - English major, Sociology minor. 93 credit hours.
Brad Haynes, Greatland Publishing 501 S. Royal Ave., Front Royal, VA 22630 (540) 622-7222
Suzanne Holt, Sandy Creek Pet Resort, 9689 Burkes Pond Road North, Virginia 23128 (540) 333-2726